February 14th is just around the corner. And you know what that means. Chocolate. Flowers. Cute cards. Hearts. Teddy Bears, and of course, couples. Couples everywhere. For some single gals, like me, Valentine’s Day can be hard. It can become a reminder of how extremely single we are.
But it doesn’t have to be that hard. Just because you’re single does not mean that you cannot enjoy Valentine’s Day. You heard me. Even an extremely single girl can enjoy this day dedicated to love. Here are a few things you can do this Valentine’s Day, even if you’re single.
- Plan a Galentine’s Day. Gather a group of your favorite girlfriends, get all dressed up, and take on the town! Go to a nice restaurant. Go see a movie. Go bowling. Go get frozen yogurt. The list of possibilities are endless, and you’re bound to have a great time with your friends!
- Treat yo’ self. You deserve it. Go get a new haircut. Go get your makeup professionally done. Go get your nails done. Buy yourself flowers just because. Who said that you should only get these things if you’re in a relationship? If you want chocolate, go buy you some chocolate. If you want a new dress, go buy you a new dress. Treat yo’ self.
- Game Night. Maybe your friends or family members are a little competitive? Stay in and have a game night!! Spend Valentine’s day arguing over Boardwalk in Monopoly or what the real official rules of rules of Uno are. Sounds fun to me. And it’s a great way to remind yourself that even though you might not have a significant other, you still have great friends and family that love you.
- Night In. Don’t feel like going out this Valentine’s Day? No problem!! Stay home and snuggle up with that good book you’ve been dying to finish. If you don’t like reading, one of my favorite things to do is marathon movies. There is nothing better than seeing your celebrity crush on the big screen. Here are a few ideas of movies you can marathon:
- Harry Potter series
- Ultimate 80s (I’m talking Sixteen Candles, Can’t Buy Me Love, and of course, the Breakfast Club)
- Love comes Softly series
- Ultimate chick-flicks (The Notebook, Pride and Prejudice, Titanic, The Vow)
- Rom-Com marathon (Bridget Jones’ Diary, The Proposal, 13 Going on 30, 10 Things I Hate about You)
- If movies aren’t your thing, but TV shows are, try out: One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls, or Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Above everything, this Valentine’s Day, I pray that you remember that Jesus loves you more than you will ever know, and much more than this world can every give. Single or taken, I hope you have a wonderful February 14th, and let me know what you’re planning on doing to celebrate in the comments below! I’d love to hear from you!!
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. –John 3:16